Balabolka uses various versions of Microsoft Speech API (SAPI). It allows altering a voice’s parameters, including rate and pitch.
Balabolka is a Text-To-Speech (TTS) program.
All computer voices installed on your system are available to Balabolka.
The program can read the clipboard content, view the text from CHM, DjVu,
DOC, EPUB, FB2, HTML, ODT, PDF and RTF files. Also, it can customize font and background color, control reading from the system tray or by the global hotkeys.
The user can apply an exclusive substitution list to improve the quality of the voice’s articulation.
This feature is useful when you want to change the spelling of words.
The rules for the pronunciation correction use the syntax of regular expressions.
Balabolka can save the synchronized text in external LRC
files or MP3 tags inside the audio files. When you play an audio file with players on a computer or modern digital audio player, the text is displayed synchronously.
In the same way, as lyrics for songs.
The on-screen text you can save as a WAV, MP3, MP4, OGG, or WMA file.
Supported Languages: English, Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified),
Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian,
Italian, Korean, Polish, Portuguese
(Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Ukrainian
Changes in Balabolka 188.8.131.528 (2020-03-13):
- Fixed small bugs.
- Resources the German language updated (thanks to Regine Müller).
Changes in Balabolka 184.108.40.2068 (2020-03-09):
- in the first place Added the use of Google Cloud Text-To-Speech
- not only … but also (for testing purposes only).
- the main menu item, “Repeat Forever.”
- in like manner, new languages for the Google Translate service.
- Coupled with Resources for Bulgarian and Spanish languages were updated first, second, third (thanks to Kostadin Kolev and Fernando Gregoire).
Supported Operating Systems:
Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10.