Free Download Manager (FDM) is a light-weight, powerful and easy-to-use, a full-featured download accelerator and manager. Moreover, FDM is 100% safe, open-source software distributed under GPL license.
Free Download Manager allows you to download files and whole web sites from any remote server via HTTP, HTTPS, and FTP. With FDM, the downloading process will be as easy as never! With FDM, you needn’t start the downloading from the beginning after casual interruption.
You can resume unfinished download from the place where it has been interrupted. Also, this program warns you if some servers don’t support download resuming.
This Download Manager never downloads the whole file at once. FDM splits files into several sections and then downloads them at the same time, allowing you to increase your download speed up to 600%. Also, it can be used to organize your downloads, set the connection, launch the programs.
Free Download Manager Features:
- Flash video download. Download video from video sites, such as Youtube, Google Video, etc. You can save the video in native .flv format or convert to one of the more popular video formats.
- BitTorrent support. Download files using BitTorrent protocol.
- Upload manager. Easy way to share your files. Upload your files or folders easily to share them with other users.
- Remote Control. Create new downloads or view the list of active and completed downloads remotely, via the Internet.
- Portable mode. If you want to use FDM on different computers, you can easily create its mobile version and avoid the need to install and configure the program on each machine.
- They have enhanced audio/video files support. Preview audio/video files before download are completed and convert file format after download.
- Download acceleration. Free Download Manager splits files into several sections and downloads them simultaneously. That allows you to use any type of connection at the maximum available speed.
- I am resuming broken downloads. When the downloading process is interrupted, you don’t need to start from the beginning again.
- Adjusting traffic usage. There are several traffic usage modes. You can improve traffic usage for browsing the Internet and downloading files at the same time.
- Site Explorer. Site Explorer lets you view the folders’ structure of a web site and easily download necessary files or folders.
- HTML Spider. Download whole web pages or even whole web sites with HTML Spider. You can adjust this tool to download files with specified extensions only.
- Simultaneous downloading from several mirrors. FDM can download files from several mirrors simultaneously.
- Zip files partial download. Free Download Manager lets you download only the necessary part of a zip file.
- Free, and 100% safe. Free Download Manager is free, open-source software distributed under GPL license.