Hide Folders 5 you can easily protect any number of folders and files on your computer. You can select any file or folder to protect from the program, drag-and-drop the desired files and folders from Windows Explorer into the program’s window. Or you can protect the file or folder using the Windows Explorer context menu.
The protected folders or files are not accessible by any users. No matter how they are trying to get in – locally or from the net. An effective protection mechanism, intuitive user interface, and set of fine-tuning options will suit the needs of everyone, from novice users to computer experts.
Hide Folders 5 is an innovative software application which enables you to password protect all the private information on your hard drive. You can make your files and folders inaccessible, invisible, or protect them from modification.
- Effective protection methods allow you to hide folders out from users and applications
- Nobody but you will access your hidden folders.
- Four protection methods available: Hide, Lock, Hide and Lock, Read Only
- NTFS, FAT32, and FAT volumes are supported.
- File masks support.
- An unlimited number of folders can be protected at the same time.
- No file system structure modifications will occur.
- Adequate password protection when running a program.
- Adequate password protection when uninstalling a program.
- Removing the folder of the app from the system will not uncover hidden folders.
- Files from hidden folders will not be lost even if someone tries to remove an upper-level folder.
- Clears records of recently accessed documents if these documents reside in the hidden folders.
- Clear Recycle Bin items originally located in hidden folders.
- Secure Hide Folders by removing itself from the list of mostly used programs (Windows start menu).
- Secure Hide Folders by removing itself from Add/Remove software Control Panel applet.
- The program will not hide your Windows System folders, and Windows partition root folders – so careless use of application would not bring the system down.
- True stealth mode. You cannot detect the program with Windows Task Manager.
- Safe mode support. You can hide the folders even if your computer is running in safe mode.
- Hotkeys to manage essential functions.
- Command-line support of all main program functions.
- Support of folders named with national language symbol.
- It is a multilingual software
Supported Operating Systems:
Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 and Server 2003, 2008, 2012 (32-bit, 64-bit).